Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Psuedo Tour of My New Condo

It's really hard to get a feel for what your condo will be like based off of the floor plan - takes a lot of imagination. I've been measuring some of the rooms in my house and comparing them to the floor plan .. this helped, but apparently it wasn't enough for me.

In the office where I work, there is a large open area in the cafeteria. I stayed late one night and setup much of the layout of my condo using tape on the floor and furniture to represent the walls. Perhaps a geeky thing to do .. but it really helped me visual the final result. I'm even thinking of undoing the changes that I made to the floor plan because of what I saw.

I had my camera with me, so I took a video tour for posterity. Enjoy.

7 comments:

Michael J. Swart said...

Very cool Brian. I suspected that's what the tape was for.

pamagrama said...

What a good idea...really gives you a feel for the space. I can see why the floor to ceiling windows would be your favorite feature, it will certainly have a lot of light. Cool.

pamagrama said...

Forgot to ask...what changes are you thinking of undoing?

Brian Pearson said...

I'm thinking about not moving the bathroom. I'm still going to remove the wall where the den is

Christin said...

Yes, you got it... definitely a geeky thing to do :P

Looks really nice though. I love those style kitchens with the bars :)

Minneva Carker said...

When you're working on your new condo with just the floor plan and some basic measurement, it's best to measure everything so that you'll have a basic idea of the direction of the project.

Patrick Tan said...

This is a great way to document your life's journey. For most of us, having a new space to live in is definitely a milestone. May you enjoy your stay at your new space!